Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Marathon Training Begins

Another year, another resolution. So here's the deal, I ran a marathon, on a bet, in 2003. A friend of mine and I are at one of our best friend's wedding. We have a few drinks at the reception, he made a bet, I took it. 10 days later I ran, and finished my first marathon in 5 1/2 hours.

I had not trained, did not really do much of anything other than take a weekend off from beer...and cigarettes. Pre-marathon I drank a cup of coffee & took about 1 min to stretch. Afterwards I went to Craker Barrel for lunch then went out with friends, abeit limpingly, for the evening.

Now it's time to run and actually train. At a brisk 28 degrees, I went for a run tonight, 3miles with my friend Elaine. Finished in record time, not really, but my nose was running the whole time. So far so good. Day one is done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home